If you’ve never danced before, or you are just new to swing dancing, this is the class for you!
This class is set up to introduce you to the fundamentals of swing dancing and runs continuously every month.
Each week in this foundations class we’ll go over:
- Getting your body in sync with the music and finding the swing rhythm.
- Learning the basic 6-count swing footwork.
- Learning how to partner with a lead/follow.
- Learning how to move around the floor with our partner.
- 1-2 Foundational moves (these rotate from week to week)
Students are encouraged to participate in the foundations series for at least 2-3 weeks before moving onto the beginning lessons. However, students are free to keep taking the novice series as many times as they like until they feel they have fully grasped all the information and are comfortable to move forward.